Our Ethos – ‘Everyone Is Special’
Oxhill Nursery school is inclusive in its approach and welcomes ALL children. We believe that ‘Everyone is Special’. Through a broad and balanced Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, each child will be enabled to develop holistically. A well-planned curriculum based on play and communication in a rich and stimulating environment provides first hand experiences that motivate and challenge all children.
Our indoor and outdoor environments are;
active enjoyable fun happy interactive
meaningful motivating meets the needs of all
purposeful relevant safe secure
Staff demonstrate a high level of engagement, using their knowledge and skills to respond to children’s interests and needs. Through observing and interacting with the children, the environment is enhanced to extend child initiated play.
- to provide a safe, happy, caring, stimulating and secure environment for our children where EVERYONE feels special, valued, included and respected
- to enable all children to develop their capabilities as successful learners
- for all children to be confident and caring individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to society.
- to engage our children in the highest-quality teaching and learning and to maximise success for all.
- to equip our children with skills for learning, life and work, ready to actively grasp and follow their dreams in the future.
We are a learning community, and it is our aim to ensure:
- are listened to and have interested and caring adults to share in their enjoyment and learning.
- are encouraged to play, explore, experiment and learn through exciting and meaningful experiences.
- will be supported to develop an understanding of the world and their place in it.
- are encouraged to nurture the spirit of curiosity and adventure in the search for knowledge and understanding.
Our staff …
- will work with relevant services and agencies in order to meet the needs of children with special educational needs and disabilities to ensure thoughtful, quality provision for everyone using the nursery.
- will welcome parents as partners.
- will have happiness and well-being at the heart of all activities and endeavours.
- will create opportunities for children, parents, families, staff and the wider community to grow and learn together.
- will develop a creative culture…a place where people can learn, invent, create and imagine.
What do our aims mean and how will we achieve them?
The above aims reflect our high aspirations and our commitment to excellence. Through effective teamwork; open lines of communication; working in partnership with our parents; following children’s passions and interests and identifying individual children’s paths of learning and celebrating their achievements we will work towards the realisation of our vision, aims, and values.
We have a clear understanding of our values at Oxhill Nursery School:
HAPPINESS AND WELLBEING – showing kindness
ENGAGEMENT – being involved, responsive, interested and interesting
RESPECT – promoting good manners, a culture of tolerance, inclusion, diversity, equality, fairness and opportunity
RESILIANCE – trying hard, taking risks, having a go and learning from our mistakes and triumphs
COMMUNICATION – being genuine, open, honest and sincere
ACHIEVEMENT – highest quality, high expectations, aiming high
INTEGRITY – means doing the right thing, even when no one else is watching
PARTNERSHIP AND CARE – being reflective and learning from parents as partners, developing strong nurturing relationships and self-confidence in children
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE – developing skills for learning, life and work
UNDERSTANDING – children to develop an understanding of the world and their place in it.